Running a website is not an easy task. Having a credible and beautiful site can set you apart from millions of websites out there. Although, website making is an easy and manageable task and fetches good money as well. However, making money from sites is not just a matter of putting up some good advertisements. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure out a good strategy to run amazing websites.
What makes a Good Website?
To make your site attractive, you need to have good content, traffic as well as suitable ad placement. The most straightforward and most successful strategies include:
- Fantastic look and feel of the website
- Simple navigation
- Effective SEO
- Great content
- Social media presence
How to make a Successful Website?
In the current age of intense competition, it is no longer enough just to write compelling content. Many websites churn the same content placed elsewhere by adding their style.
However, overall the necessary information doesn’t vary. To make your site a bit more unique and refreshing, you need to go the extra mile to deliver. Let’s see a few ways to spruce up things:
Focus on the Look and Feel:
Ensure that your website has a clean and user-friendly interface. Regardless of the subject, the primary concern of bloggers should be on creating beautiful sites that look professional and engaging.
Look for your Niche:
Write whatever you are passionate about, whether it’s fashion, cooking, writing or something else. Even if you don’t have an idea about your niche, you will get there soon enough.
Define your Readers:
Now that you know your niche, you need to target your audience. If you are starting a makeup website, your target audience could be teenagers and the youth. If you are interested in a startup website, then that’s great. But ensure that you customise your writing to something your audience would like to read.
Add Originality and Refreshing Content:
Write excellent content that makes people love your writing. Be creative and original that can best reflect your personality. Put a unique spin on whatever idea you are writing. Also, ensure that you are researching bloggers in your niche and stay updated with the latest trends.
Interact with your Audience:
Instead of merely writing, you should try to make it interactive. Encourage your readers to post feedback, share ideas and share your website entries. Almost all popular web platforms offer widgets to share content on social media websites. By making these changes, you can build your audience quickly.
Promote your website:
Although it takes time to build a regular audience base, you need to do it with the help of marketing and advertising. Publish new content and promote it with the help of Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to generate publicity.
How to Attract Advertisers to your Website?
Starting a website is easy, but sustaining it can prove to be a challenging task. Despite having a good ranking and decent traffic, it is challenging to make advertisers bid for your website.
Advertisers prefer sites which have a right audience, authority in the market and massive followers. If you have all of these, you should get advertisers easily. Here are a few tips which can increase your chances of attracting advertisers.
- Display banners on your websites seeking advertisements. These banners can be placed anywhere on the site and is a great tool to attract potential advertisers.
- Include your page rank, traffic, and advertisement and payment modes on a dedicated page on your website. With this, interested advertisers can get all the relevant details in one place and contact details easily.
- Advertisers usually check out the website of a specific niche and get associated with them. So, create enriching content that caters to a niche.
- Display only relevant ads on your website. For example, if you have a fashion website, you must display ads related to fashion.
- Have a professional looking and easily customizable website. Put up everything in an organised manner. You are more likely to earn good money from AdSense and affiliated advertisements by having a structured and coordinated site.
- Be proactive and build a reputable brand. Being a respected website will lead traffic to your website as well as advertisers. Advertisers are familiar with the top site in a respective industry and make an effort to get attached to those websites. So, take steps to build your brand, and you will attract advertisers in no time.
Connecting with advertisers:
- Be consistent in publishing articles to your website.
- Follow up regularly with advertisers and keep a list of previous and current advertisers.
- Respond quickly and in a polite, prompt manner to any inquiries.
- Contact new companies, startups in the same field to ask if you can advertise for them.
- Sign up for ad programs like Google AdSense, Amazon Associates or any other ad program and put up those ads on your website. Not only do you get relevant and useful advertisements, but you can also earn good money every time a person visits those links and makes a purchase.
- Lastly, you can also sign up for affiliate programs and promote other products. As different programs offer different commissions, you can look around for a program that is the best fit for your website.
Also Check: How to Generate Huge traffic on your website without spending money?