How to educate yourself? Know principles of teaching
Education and teaching help a person to get ahead in this world. A certificate or degree can help you become a professional but self-education enables you to understand life. Lessons learned in life help you move further and grow. There are books to teach you academics, but learning comes through experience.
Self-learning helps to grow and to understand yourself better. When you explore about yourself, you learn about yourself, and you know yourself better. There is nothing like self-training that can teach you about yourself.
How to educate yourself?
Be a person with a curious mind. A curious mind is a storehouse of questions, and while figuring out the answers to such questions, you learn a whole lot of new things.
You will daily come across new things that you don’t know about. Read, watch and learn about those things. Try to understand them and expand your mind.
There are specific areas where you don’t feel comfortable, or that you fear. Challenge yourself to overcome those fears and expand your comfort zone.
The best way to teach yourself is to learn beyond what your school or college teaches you. Apart from academics, there is a whole new world of learning and lessons.
Self-education brings self-discipline. Thus, while you are in the process of learning yourself, you get disciplined also.
Read the words of prominent educated people. Find your idol and follow him. When you pursue someone, you aspire to be like him.
Change the way you act. To feel like an educated person, firstly you have to behave like an educated person.
Choose your friends and company wisely. The people around you leave a strong influence on you. Try to get influenced by positive people and not negative ones.
When it comes to self-training, there are a dozen online educational resources. You can explore and read new and different content daily. But if you are confused on from where to start, read here for the various places online to educate yourself.
Self-education is free education, but the only thing that matters is you must know where to start. You have to find out useful content online and try to imply them in your life. “Knowledge is power” you must have heard of it. Feel this power in you.
What changes does self-education bring in a person?
Self-teaching and education make you a better person. You get disciplined, and you feel responsible, confident and motivated. It helps you to bring your life on track and enables you to keep on track.
- Self-learning makes you independent. Of course, attending lectures and classes is essential, but when you learn yourself, you explore things your way and try to figure out the solutions to your problems on your own.
- Online learning and free educational resources are a way for the younger generation to get educated as per their preferences. With online learning, one can never stop learning.
You can join different communities and peers for discussions on various topics. This enhances your general knowledge and experience.
- There are various principles of teaching for teachers to help out the students. These principles of teaching help in developing strong learning skills. There are numerous online seminars, video sessions, online mentoring sessions etc. to help those who are willing to learn self.
Free educational books are also available as e-books or kindle books. Without spending even a single penny, you can learn what a professional would teach you by taking thousands of rupees in the name of fees.
Tips for self-education:
Before beginning, self education, know your specific areas and tackle only those areas. By having specific areas, you can delve deeper into the subject and expand knowledge base.
- Utilize the resources available online for free learning. Subscribe to various free education websites and read their newsletters.
- Join guest lectures of various brilliant minds. to communities and bloggers are ready to take your queries and respond them through emails.
- Various applications can be installed on your smartphones. These applications provide a proper interface for studying, and you have all the material in your pocket.
- Build a habit of taking notes. Creative ideas can pop up suddenly at any time of the day. Note down your thoughts, they help you to remember and understand things to a deeper level.
Self-education and motivation are the best teachers. They help you to re-orient yourself. No doubt, everyone needs teachers in their lives, but no teacher can lift you alone. It’s your hard work that takes you ahead. This can be a little tough for beginners but learn to be a good researcher. Know how to search for the answers and cultivate the land of your knowledge.
If you enjoyed reading this article, consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus!