The two world’s most known word. In today’s world stress has become a prominent issue for almost everyone. According to me, it’s practically impossible to lead a stress-free life. Everybody is facing some or the other kind of stress in their life. Nowadays life has become so paced; people are so much busy in their work that they are not able to focus on the other aspects of life.
And this is where from where the stress starts getting involved in their life. However, the pressure is just an answer to the challenges you get to face in your life. So, it’s not so annoying to get stressed as I said it’s a response to your problems. And without challenges life would become pretty dull. However, the stress mentioned above is one of its kind. There can be a lot of reasons for the stress. Most of them are unnecessary and can be overcome by some simple steps.
There are several ways to combat anxiety but before moving to that part let us know something more about anxiety.
What is Stress?
Technically, stress is a response by your body to any demands. Under stress, the body starts releasing various kinds of hormone-like adrenaline, cortisol and many more, to get ready for the required action. In the case when the hormones are released, it produces energy inside the body, which prepares the man to either face the problem or to run away from it.
Effects of Stress:
Under stress, the ability to take right decision gets hampered as the brain doesn’t function well. If somebody remains in the state of anxiety for a more extended period, then he/she may suffer from some health issues like an increase in sugar level, blood pressure may get high.
The most common thing which happens under stress is anxiety. Anxiety is nothing but a sheer feel of panicking. People get this often when they face some financial problems, before some interviews or exams or in the case of some family-oriented issues. But once this problem gets over, they start feeling comfortable. Stress and anxiety can be a threat if they persist for the more extended period. They can lead to a health-oriented problem like headaches, increase in blood pressure, pain in chest and get insomniac. Research shows that it can worsen the situation and can lead to disease. Cardio-vascular disease, obesity, menstrual difficulty, impotence, skin diseases are some cause of long-term stress.
It’s even harmful when people switch to alcohols, tobacco, and drugs in order to help to relieve their stress. This instead of reducing the body from stress, makes it remain in tension.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Becoming mood swinger, being irritated and frustrated.
- Facing difficulty in making mind quiet.
- Low confidence is causing depression.
- Lack of energy.
- Headaches, short breathing.
- Nausea, cold and shivering hands.
- Altering thoughts
- Can’t able to focus.
- Low sense of judgment.
- Increase in consumption of alcohols, tobacco, and drugs.
- Variety in food habits.
These were some symptoms, let us now know about, how to get rid of it.
Natural ways to get rid of Anxiety and Stress:
You may terminate these as the anxiety disorder treatment:
- Take proper sleep.
- Have a proper meal on time. Never skip any meal.
- When stressed, take deep breaths.
- Have excellent and funny chats as laughing is a good therapy which can reduce your stress.
- Try to avoid any adverse thoughts coming to your mind.
- Always be involved in some of the other things with others. Because sitting uselessly could trigger stress.
- Speak with your family, friends or loved ones about your problem.
- Do exercise daily.
- Listen to music, practice yoga.
- Learn various relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, yoga.
These relaxation techniques help in various ways such as:
- Slows down your pulse rate.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Reduces stress hormones.
- Helps to get rid of depression and anger.
Meditation is the most active key to get rid of anxiety. Meditation allows us the opportunity to go in the exact opposite direction. It shows how busy our minds are. Meditation allows us to taste the inner peace. It gives us a mental holiday. It will enable us to experience us our strength and inner peace. By doing just 10-15 minutes breathing, meditation every day could reduce your stress, and our relationship with others will gradually improve. Morning meditation is beneficial as our minds are fresh at that time and the atmosphere around us that time is relaxed and pure. Our concentration level in the morning will always be better than at any time in the whole day.
Here are some quick tips on how to Meditate?
- Fix a time for meditation.
- Always starts with deep breathing. Slowing inhaling and then feeling the breath while exhaling.
- Commit not quitting meditation. Because it is slightly frustrating at the time of learning.
- Fix a place in your room which is quiet and free from disturbances.
- Try to avoid distraction between your meditation. Just leave all your work for that specific time.
- Start meditating 5 minutes per day and then gradually increase your time.
- Buy one or two books on meditation and read it and learn to meditate. It would be beneficial as you would come across various types of meditation and some simple meditation techniques.
- You can join meditation classes if you are having problem meditating at home.
- You can learn Buddhist meditation, as this particular meditation is related to spiritual, religious and philosophy of Buddhism. It helps in developing mindfulness, enhances concentration, supramundane powers and insight.
Read more in detail about How to Meditate? Why Meditate? Benefits & Tips of meditation.
These were some tips for meditation for beginners. I hope this would help you cope up with your problem.
If you enjoyed reading this article, consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus!