Everyone wants a flawless, beautiful face & fit body. We take so much effort to keep our skin spotless and glowing. However, a little stress can ruin it all in this technological life of ours. We are sitting in front of computers all day. We are not getting enough sleep, eating junk food, working day and night to get successful. All this rushing to achieve something in life takes a toll on us. The mental and physical stress is the primary cause of under eye circles also known as eye bags.
Those dark circles around the eyes can ruin your whole look. These make you look tired and thus feel less confident all day. We rush to beauty farms and get puffy eyes treatments. Still, these do not seem the correct way to remove those bags under our eyes.
As it is well said ‘Travel the whole world searching for something that is right at home.’ We spend money on expensive products to find what causes those dark circles under our eyes. The remedies needed for treating dark circles are right in our kitchen.
Here below we mention a few home remedies on how to get rid of dark circles. These might as well be useful to all those who are trying to lighten their dark circles. Each treatment is an anti-aging process to remove these dark rings around your eyes.
Rehydration & lots of rest:
The by far best method of getting rid of dark circles by killing its cause. Stress is the primary cause for those bags under the eyes. Drinking lots of water can help you remain rehydrated throughout the day and get you rid of eye bags.
Besides this, another important aspect is enough rest. We should get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep every day if we want to get rid of eye bags. Dark circles make us look old. Rehydration and proper rest are the best anti-aging remedies.
Lemon known for its bleaching properties. It contains Citric acid, which has Vitamin C hence it lightens skin tone. Though it is such a reliable remedy, those with sensitive or very irritable skin must not use it. Also, continuous use of lemon juice makes skin dry, so it’s good for people with oily skin. For those with dry skin, it’s terrible news.
You can use lemon juice as a homemade remedy to lighten dark circles in the following ways. Repeating these homemade remedies once every day for a few weeks will help to get rid of eye bags.
- Wash your face clean with some mild face wash.
- Take the juice of 1 lemon & apply it around the eyes with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 10 minutes like that and rinse with water afterward.
If you have sensitive skin, you can use lemon for treating dark circles in the following way.
- Mix 1 tbsp. Lemon juice with 2 tbsp. of tomato puree.
- Put some turmeric in it, along with some gram flour & form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste & leave for nearly 5 minutes & later rinse it off.
Like lemon, tomato also has bleaching properties. Thus you can use tomato as an eye treatment as it eliminates dark circles.
You can use tomato to get rid of eye bags in the following ways. Twice a day you can apply these methods for some weeks to get rid of dark circles.
- Mix tomato juice with some mint leaves.
- Add some lemon juice to it along with a pinch of salt.
- This juice should be drunk immediately after making.
Another way to use tomato is as given below.
- Mix 1 tbsp. Tomato juice with 1 tbsp. Lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture below eyes & leave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes rinse it with water.
For those with sensitive skin, almond oil is a handy homemade remedy to get rid of eye bags. Almond oil contains Vitamin E which helps to remove dark circles.
So, you can use the following homemade remedy containing almond oil can daily to get rid of eye bags.
- Apply the almond oil at night before going to bed directly on the dark circles and massage it deeply into the skin.
- Overnight, you can wash it away in the morning with cold water.
Next to reducing dark circles. Cucumber leaves a refreshing sensation. Also, makes your face look fresh and active throughout the day
Cucumber has skin-lightening and astringent properties. Cucumber is one of the best solutions to get rid of eye bags. Besides, it is soothing and thus makes you feel relaxed.
You can use the following methods twice daily as home remedies for dark circles.
- Cut thin slices of cucumber and cool them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put these cold slices on the eyes and leave like that for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the eyes with water later.
- Mix 1 tbsp. Of cucumber juice with 1 tbsp. Of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the face using a cotton ball & leave it on the face for 15 minutes.
- Afterward, wash the face with cold water.
Besides this, there are many other home remedies for dark circles. The most significant aspect is to take proper rest along with a healthy diet. Rest eliminates dark circles in the best possible.
If you enjoyed reading this article, consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus!