Do you face chronic chapped, baby dry lips problem during winter seasons, you tend to have cracked, dry and chapped lips too? Then this winter will going to be different for you..!! Having fresh and pretty pinks lips in the winter season looks like a dream come true for many of us. How? Read this article, and you’ll surely get your all answers here only.
What are the reasons for chapped lips?
Like skins, the texture of lips also varies person to person and so the chipping issues, but here are a few reasons which are extremely common: why are my lips so dry?
- Biting your lips will result in bleeding and cracking
- Weather change is the most significant reason especially sudden change in weather.
- Applying excess makeup or lipsticks
- Products which include some harsh chemicals
- Licking your lips
- Women who have the habit of chewing their lips are the worst habit not only for lips but also for health. It causes the problem of dry red lips, chronic dry lips.
How to prevent dry lips?
Although there are multiple ways of curing chapped lips, the best and the most natural remedy for chapped lips or dry lips are using olive oil. Olive oil is just not a moisturiser but also good for chapped and dry lips. It is commonly used for cooking purpose or for dressing salad, but very few of us know that it is also one of the leading ingredients of cosmetics and pharmaceuticals products. One can quickly wipe away their crack and dry lips by instant using olive oil. Use it in the same way you would use petroleum jelly and lip balm.
You’ll be glad to know this that it can be used for all type of skins and even for lips. There are multiple benefits of using olive oil on dry, crack and chapped lips.
- Apply some olive oil on a cotton cloth pad and rub it lightly on your lips it will work like scrubs do this for 3 to 4 minutes only. For best result do these while about to go for a shower, or even you can apply it when you are standing in the kitchen and waiting for your meal to get cooked?
- Another way is adding some brown or white sugar in a bowl with a half teaspoon of olive oil in it. Mix it well to make a lip scrub. Sugar will exfoliate the lips; it will remove dead skin cells and leave your skin smoother.
Some natural home remedies from Grandma’s bag:
The golden secret of Grannies beauty is that they use natural products for enhancing their beautiful luscious skin. No doubt they are readily available plus cheap and can be accessible at any time.
Lemon Juice: how to heal chapped lips? Lemon juice will nourish your sensitive skin of lips and make them smoother & softer than before. Take a bowl add some lemon juice and fresh milk cream in it mix it well and keep it in the fridge for an hour. Apply this mixture on and around your lips before going to sleep. Repeat this for 4 5 days, and you will notice an effect result. It prevents lips from ageing.
Ghee and Honey: One can apply few drops of ghee or honey to your lips before going to sleep. It will surely prevent lips chapping and make them smooth and soft within no time.
Olive Oil: You have to do nothing but a few step and speedy recovery. All you need to do is add few drops of olive oil around your affected area leave it for 15 20 minutes. It will moisture back your lips sensitive skin by nurturing the skin cells of lips also it will help in building new skin cells.
Honey and Glycerine: Our lip skin is affected with dry skin and even wrinkles, but for that, you need to take some measures so, take few drops of glycerine and teaspoon of honey mix it well and apply this paste on your chapped and dry lips. Leave it for 10 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Then before going to sleep, apply a few drops of glycerine on your lips again, this will be helpful and prevent dry lips.
Prevent cracked lips with the following Remedies:
- Drink plenty of fluid in any form, consume 8-10 glasses of water or drink seasonal fruit juice.
- – Apply lip balm immediately when you rinse your mouth or feel the urge to lick your lips
- – Use sugar or salt for exfoliation; don’t rub your lips harshly. You can also exfoliate with a clean toothbrush.
Use Natural moisturisers made from nut oils and seed for ultra lip treatment:
- Olive Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Butter
Avoid excess use of artificial or commercial products instead of using these chemicals use these natural home remedies for healing your dry, crack or chapped lips.
If you enjoyed reading this article, consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus!